View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 12:52

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Party Abroad 
Argonaut
Argonaut

Well, I know it's still 108 days away, I thought it might be important for some to know sooner than later, so might as well come out with it now...

I will be arriving at the Frankfurt Airport on May 15th, 2009. I've already made arrangements with a wonderful person who will sacrifice his sleep to come pick me up at that unearthly early hour [yea, right - 10:00, not THAT early at all to me, especially since I'll be on that plane from 19:00 Chicago time the previous day >.<].

My departure flight will be from the same airport on May 26th, 2009. [Though I don't know what time off hand, either 12:00 or 14:00 - I can't read my own handwriting *headdesk*]. Arriving 3 hours later according to Chicago time back here -.- I shall be a mess that day...

So... let's dance! *dances* Not every day one gets to announce the fulfillment of a lifetime dream, and seeing Germany was on my list of those ^^ And I have to give credit to you all - I probably wouldn't have even tried to arrange it at this point in my life if not for my friends here in the AN.

Last edited by rswhisper on 09 Feb 2009, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

26 Jan 2009, 22:13
Report this post

Gratz!!! Then a warm pre-welcome from me already :) *hugs*

26 Jan 2009, 22:36
Report this post
Argonaut
Argonaut

Well, since I seem to have a certain little demonish asking me for things to bring with... and I'm NOT going to remember 100 days from now without some reminders...

Anyone who would like something from the States, post here and we'll keep a list :)

...birthday present ideas for yourselves or each other included! [Except for Salazar, I already have his present]

07 Feb 2009, 23:17
Report this post

Legion/Guild: Argo Navis
hahaha! ^^;

Well for that list, you asked for it and I list it:

- Reese Cups (One or two packages? I never saw them and don't now how many are in one package, but my friend says thay are the most awesome sweets in the world, so maybe it's a good idea to provide them on our birthday party. ;)

- two smooth bristol pads and one vellum bristol pad (you have the details in my note on DA)

- glow in the dark colors! *_*

- any kind of purple gel pen, text marker or whatnot. ^^;

ah for the Wii - you don't need to bring it! Just bring your favourite games and we can borrow a Wii to game with it. I think you won't be allowed to bring more than 20 kilos over here, so you will be glad to not carry so much around. Besides, my car is very small. ^^;

I'll write more when I remember the other things. X3

Banner und Avatare von mr gibt's hier. ^^ Traut euch.

13 Feb 2009, 14:01
Report this post
Profile WWW

I have to blow the Wii, you need the "Freeloader" for it to run not-european games. The Freeloader is a software on a CD that emulates the other language. So you have to load it before you can insert an american CD, for example.
Works the other way around for the US market as well. Nintendo just coded their CDs in regions to prevent gamepirates. That way you can't simply import games and play them -.-

If anyone remembers my Naruto game for Gamecube... it works the same way.

13 Feb 2009, 15:15
Report this post
Argonaut
Argonaut

The art stuff -should- be easy enough, especially since I'll be taking the train for two weeks while my mother is on her vacation in Mexico.

Reese Cups come two in the smaller packages, four in the bigger ones, though they're relatively small, maybe comparable to the size of the top of a can of cola.

The ordeal with the Wii makes me sad -.- But it's not an idea making much progress, seeing that Steve and I actually got into a small argument over it [He forgot that he promised I could bring it as possible, and doesn't want me to now that he's playing it again =_=]. And while it's not that heavy, I can't deny being uncertain about trying to pack and bring it anyways. -.-

So, we'll just have to get my games on one of the systems you already have there ;P

13 Feb 2009, 18:28
Report this post

That's what I meant, to run your games with a Wii over here, someone needs to buy the Freeloader. And so far I am the only one here with one, I guess ;P
And I'm fine with my games *gg*

15 Feb 2009, 20:46
Report this post
Argonaut
Argonaut

No, silly, I meant to rent one of my games from there :P Or would that not work

16 Feb 2009, 03:19
Report this post
Site Admin

Legion/Guild: Argo Navis
SWTOR: Reavas/Alik
We have a damn lot of gaming consoles hiere in germany.
I have an XBOX360, PS2, PO1, XBOX, Gamecube. N64, PSP ....
Esra has a Wii console.
I really think we find a way to have fun Tricia :-D
Let you console at home *g*

17 Feb 2009, 11:40
Report this post
Profile WWW

And in the worst ccase we just take the XBOX 360 controllers and plug them into Volty's PC xD

Oh and you should try it, Volty, the drivers are available for free at the Microsoft website. Fallout 3 rocks with the 360 pad o.o

17 Feb 2009, 14:32
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]